The the School of Computing Wiki
It is intended that this wiki be used to develop some resources of use to all members of the School. The starting point is the FAQ, but it could be used in a variety of ways. Suggestions on how it might be used can be contributed here.
Specifically, the scope includes:
- The School's Computing Facilities
- Connection to these facilities from outside the School
- The School's Research and Research Groups :
- Institute for Artificial Intelligence and Biological Systems :
- Institute for Computational and Systems Science :
- Other research-specific wikis which may be of interest :
- Information specifically for:
- Current Events in the School
- General Computing, including the History of Computing, Windows, Linux and so on
- The School's legendary Tea and Coffee Club
- Social aspects of life in the School
Contributions and Visibility
Contributions are welcome from all members of the School. Contributions may be made only by authenticated users, after they have logged in to the Wiki. Anonymous edits are not permitted.
The the School of Computing FAQ
A long time ago, the School developed an FAQ as a repository for everything that it was felt that people really should know.
The original FAQ has now been translated into a wiki format based on MediaWiki. The hope is that this will allow all users to contribute to making this a valuable and (this is the important bit) up to date resource.
Suggestions on improvements can be made here.