Here are a just a few of the benefits of studying in the School of Process, Environmental and Materials Engineering:
- We are ranked 3rd in the UK for Chemical Engineering by The Good University Guide 2014.
You will benefit from our integrated style of learning and teaching, with practical work being a core part
of your study.
- You can choose from a range of flexible modules to reflect your interests or careers plans.
- An impressive 80% of our research activity is rated internationally excellent or world leading. Our research feeds directly into our teaching, which means you'll learn about the latest developments within your subject from world-class academics.
- Most of our degrees courses are accredited by either the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) or the Energy Institute (EI).
- Our strong links with industry ensure that our courses are in line with employers needs and is one of many reasons why our graduates are highly sought after by employers.
- Our dedicated employability team will provide you with support and advice to help you find relevant work experience, internships and year in industry placements, as well as graduate positions.
- You will have access to excellent facilities including laboratories equipped with the latest technology for environmental monitoring and pollution control, and advanced energy systems such as fuel cells. Specialist facilities include X-ray diffractometers, scanning electron microscopes, a pilot scale chemical process and combustion plant, petroleum reservoir and rock deformation lab, all provide you with a creative and stimulating learning environment.