This annual short course, now in its fifteenth year, is updated for each delivery with the latest publications on low NOx gas turbines. The course will cover:
- Fundamentals of NOx formation
- CO emissions, film cooling, flammability, flame propagation, weak extinction and flashback
- Premixed low NOx combustors and the importance of fuel/air mixing
- Practical lean ultra low NOx combustors
The 2016 Programme will be ready approximately 3 months prior to the course, you can however download the latest (2015) course details form the left hand column for information.
This course is suitable for all those with an interest in low NOx gas combustion and will be of particular interest to:
- Combustion designers in gas turbine manufacturers
- Operators of modern, low NOx electrical generation systems, including combined cycles.
- Automotive emissions engineers
- Environmental legislators and regulators.
This course is in association with the the Institution of Diesel and Gas Turbine Engineers, which is devoted to the advancement of Diesel and Gas Engines, Gas Turbines and related products and technology. The course has also been approved by the Institution of Gas Engineers & Managers for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes.
The Energy Institute has approved Leeds University – Faculty of Engineering as an Approved Training Provider.
The course is also supported by ASME International Gas Turbine Institute. Details of the ASME Turbo Expo (June 15-19, 2015) can be found on the conference web site at www.turboexpo.org
The venue for the course will be Weetwood Hall Conference Centre and Hotel which offers first-class hotel facilities, a business centre and ample parking facilities. Weetwood Hall is the largest and most flexible conference centre and hotel in the North of England.
Weetwood Hall Hotel is ideally situated 15 minutes north of the centre of Leeds in wooded grounds at the junction of the Otley Road and the outer ring road. It is just 15 minutes from Leeds Bradford International Airport and a short distance from the A1, M1, M606, M621 and M62 motorways. Further details can be found at www.weetwood.co.uk
Online Accommodation Booking for Delegates
Bed and breakfast accommodation is available at Weetwood Hall Conference Centre and Hotel. To take advantage of the special rates we have negotiated with the hotel for our course delegates, please book using the instructions below:
1. Click on the “Accommodation Booking” link in the left hand column
2. Complete the following fields: Arrival Date, Departure Date, Rooms, Adults, Children
3. Click the “Check Availability” button (N.B. You will not need to click on “Click Here for Special Rates” or enter a promotional code as this is already completed for you).
4. Proceed with your booking as instructed by the booking system.
We have negotiated the following special rates per night:
Friday – Sunday evening, bed and breakfast £78
Monday – Thursday evening, bed and breakfast £82
Please note that bookings via the “Accommodation Booking” link must be made two weeks before the course commences at the latest to qualify for the special rates and to guarantee room availability. Any accommodation requests after this date should be made direct with the hotel and will be subject to availability and rates.
Booking for this course should be completed through our secure Online Store by debit or credit card payment. To complete your booking please click the 'Online Booking' link in the left hand column and follow the instructions.
You will receive an automatic confirmation email within 24 hours of your booking.
For online booking queries and for all other enquiries please contact:
CPD, Conference & Events Coordinator
CPD, Conference & Events Unit
Engineering Research & Innovation Service
Faculty of Engineering,
School of Chemical & Process Engineering, Room 347,
University of Leeds, LEEDS, LS2 9JT, UK.
T: + 44 (0)113 343 2494