A practical workshop involving demonstrations, theory and real industrial case studies.
Day One will focus on the theory of Spray Drying and Atomisation of Formulations and will include practical demonstrations. On the second day, a variety of speakers will show examples of how the science has been applied in industry.
Upon completion of this workshop attendees will:
- Apply an understanding of how fluid properties, rheology and atomisation performance can have an influence on spray drying.
- Learn how to manipulate drying parameters to influence product microstructure, materials properties and quality parameters.
- Gain an appreciation of the hazards involved in spray drying and how to ensure safe operation.
- Learn how spray drying processes can be scaled up and appreciate the possible pitfalls on scaling up.
- Understand how spray drying principles can be applied to the manufacture of real industrial formulated products for economic and better preforming processes as well as improved product performance and quality.
- Gain an insight into how challenges are tackled across different industries.
This workshop is suitable for:
- R&D scientists in industries such as pharmaceuticals, detergents, foods, agrochemicals and pigments who are working in product formulation and who need a broad overview to the subject of spray drying and atomisation.
- Scientists and chemical engineers who would value a deeper understanding of how science can be applied to real spray-drying problems.
- Process technologists, plant managers, R&D and process technicians who need a thorough practical grounding in the subject of spray drying and how it can influence the properties of formulated products.
- University researchers who require a deeper insight into real industrial problems, unmet needs and potential new research themes.
The workshops will take place on Tuesday 8 & Wednesday 9 April 2014. A full detailed programme is available in the left hand column.
The course venue will be the the University of Leeds. The University campus is ten minutes by foot from Leeds city centre. Limited car parking is available on the University campus at an approximate cost of £5.00 per day.
Bookings made on or before 28 February 2014:
Any one day £350.00 + VAT (£420.00)
Full two days £650.00 + VAT (£780.00)
Bookings made after 28 February 2014:
Any one day £400.00 + VAT (£480.00)
Full two days £750.00 + VAT (£900.00)
Booking for this course should be completed through our secure Online Store.
To complete your booking please follow the instructions below:
1.Log on to our Online Store by following the link in the left hand column.
2.If you are a new user, please follow the instructions to book. If you already have an account log in as instructed.
3.Complete the application process as directed by the booking system.
You will receive an automatic confirmation email within 24 hours of your booking.
If you have any problems with using the online booking system, or for any other queries, please contact the Event Coordinator:
CPD, Conference & Events Coordinator
CPD, Conference & Events Unit
Engineering Research & Innovation Service
Faculty of Engineering
c/o Civil Engineering, Room 209
University of Leeds
LEEDS, LS2 9JT, UK
T: + 44 (0)113 343 2494/8104
F: + 44 (0)113 343 2511