Here are just a few benefits of studying Mechanical Engineering at Leeds:
- We are ranked 4th in the UK for Mechanical Engineering by the Good University Guide 2014.
- The School scored 97% for overall student satisfaction in the latest National Student Survey (NSS).
- All of our degree courses (with the exception of Product Design) are accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) which will help you to become a Chartered Engineer after graduating.
- You can choose from a range of flexible modules to reflect your interests or careers plans.
- You will benefit from our integrated style of learning and teaching. Laboratory classes and project work allow you to gain hands-on experience investigating and applying material from your lectures to real life situations.
- Become involved in the Formula student race car project, designing and building a single seat racing car used to compete in various international competitions. Watch Video
- Our strong links with industry ensures that our courses are in line with employers needs and is one of many reasons why our graduates are highly sought after by employers.
- Our dedicated employability team will provide you with support and advice to help you find relevant work experience, internships and year in industry placements, as well as graduate positions.
- You will have access to excellent facilities including laboratories, design studio and teaching space, supplemented by modern CAD cluster, extensive computing equipment and workshop facilities. Specialist facilities including laboratory space and equipment for subjects such as solid mechanics, engine testing and thermofluids, control and dynamics, give you a creative and stimulating learning environment.
We offer a range of scholarships and bursaries worth up to £8,000 for new students.