The following thermal analysis equipment is located in IMR. A wide range of additional equipment is available in other departments.
• Perkin Elmer DSC 8000 (power compensated not Heat Flux) with Intracooler II cooling accessory (Range -70 – 750 °C) with built in mass flow controllers for atmosphere control (up to 2 gases).
• Perkin Elmer STA8000 (Simultaneous Thermal Analysis) (range Ambient temperature to 1500 °C) with built in mass flow controllers for atmosphere control (up to 2 gases).
• Dynamic Mechanical Analyser for the measurement of mechanical (visco elastic) properties, range up to 500 °C with the stainless steel setup and 1000 °C with the quartz setup with inert gas purge facility.
• Stanton Redcroft STA-780 (to 1000 degrees).
• Stanton-Redcroft TMA-790 thermomechanical analysis (to 1000 °C).
• Lenton/Sartorious TGA (range up to 1100°C), thermogravimetric analysis of large samples (1g to several grams).