Choosing a University is also about choosing a home. At the University of Leeds we guarantee* university halls of residence for your first year, and are dedicated to helping you find the accommodation that suits you.
The University’s accommodation has a lot to offer:
- a choice of locations - on campus, close to the city centre, or further afield
- a wide variety of accommodation - from modern apartments to converted mansions
- a range of rents to suit different budgets
- choice of catered or self catered
- a large number of en suites for those wanting private facilities, or shared bathroom for those looking to keep costs down
- clear pricing, making it easy to budget - no hidden extras to pay for
- 24-hour internet access at no extra cost
- insurance for your personal possessions included in your rent
- additional facilities at many sites - common rooms, TV's, pools tables, bars, some even have their own gym
- membership to The Edge is included in all Halls of Residence contracts for first year students
- a Residence Watch scheme covering all accommodation
- a University security service on call 24/7
- an efficient, responsive maintenance service
- social and sporting activities organised by students, for students
- advice and support from experienced wardens and resident sub wardens.
- good standard accommodation – we are committed to the Code of Standards.
However, if you don’t want to live in University accommodation you can choose to live in accommodation in the private sector. The University’s accommodation website provides all the information you need about the accommodation options available to you.
* The University guarentees single accommodation for all first year undergraduates and all international undergraduates. Subject to terms and conditions applying to application deadlines, residence and academic offer status. For more information about our guarantee visit the University’s accommodation website.