The Faculty of Engineering has over 450 PhD students across its five academic Schools. The Engineering Graduate School Office supports this community by providing a friendly point of contact for any non-academic queries or problems you may have, from initial application through to final thesis submission. If we don't know the answer, we probably know who does!
The Engineering Graduate School Office provides:
- a single point of contact for research students;
- support and advice for administrative processes including registration, funding and thesis submission;
- a standard Code of Practice setting out our responsibilities and our expectations of students;
- an online meeting record system for supervisors and students;
- and access to the Faculty's Staff Common Room.
You will work with an academic Supervisor or supervisory team, providing guidance and support to the research project. You will also be associated directly with a Research Institute, which generally becomes your 'home base' and is a fairly small-scale community with whom you will interact on a day-to-day basis. All full-time students are provided with their own desk and computer.
If you require any further information please contact the following:
The Graduate School Office
t: +44 (0)113 343 8000