Here are just a few benefits of studying Electronic and Electrical Engineering:
- Our degree courses are accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), which will help you to become a chartered engineer after graduation.
- We are ranked in the top ten in the UK for Electrical and Electronic Engineering by the main university league tables.
- The School scored 92% for overall student satisfaction in the latest National Student Survey (NSS).
90% of our recent graduates have successfully secured a professional or managerial role within six months of graduating (latest Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey).
- All our degree courses offer you the opportunity to study abroad or undertake a placement year.
- You will benefit from our integrated style of learning and teaching. You can choose from a range of flexible modules to reflect your interests or careers plans and you will carry out a project in every year of study.
- Our research feeds directly into our teaching, which means you'll learn about the latest developments within your subject from world-class academics.
- Our strong links with industry ensures that our courses meet employer needs and this is one of many reasons why our graduates are highly sought after by employers.
- You will also have access to specialist facilities and laboratories that are equipped with the latest technology.
- Our personal tutorial system will provide additional academic and pastoral support. You will have a designated personal tutor throughout your studies at Leeds.
- You have the opportunity to study either for a Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) or a Masters in Engineering (MEng).
- We offer scholarships worth up to £8,000 for new students.
- Our dedicated Employability team will provide you with support and advice to help you find relevant work experience, internships and year in industry placements, as well as graduate positions.
- ShockSoc society for students with an interest in Electronic and Electrical Engineering.
- You will be learn how to identify, analyse and respond effectively to ethical issues arising in your professional lives, and benefit from a national centre of excellence with expertise in engineering ethics and professionalism.