You will have access to specialist facilities and laboratories that are equipped with the latest technology including:
- £4.5m electron-beam lithography facility capable of sub-10-nm patterning
- III-V semiconductor Molecular Beam Epitaxy facility to fabricate advanced compound semiconductor optoelectronic devices
- A class 100 semiconductor cleanroom
- New terahertz measurement research laboratory which features the
Agilent 1.1-THz PNA network analyzer
- Terahertz photonics laboratories
- RF and microwave facilities include a range of network analysers, operating to 325 GHz, wafer probing, RF and microwave circuit laser prototyping, and ceramic circuit fabrication facilities
- Bio-electronics laboratory
- A wireless communications laboratory
- Traffic generators and analysers, FPGA development tools, sensor network test beds and motorway-deployed test-beds
- Ultrasound laboratory fitted with state-of-the-art equipment for ultrasound development and testing of biomedical applications.
- Agilent Technologies Wireless Communications Laboratory
- An embedded systems laboratory equipped with the latest embedded system development tools sponsored by Farnell
Our School is purpose-built, self-contained, and offers a pleasant and friendly environment for study, with central University facilities just a few minutes walk away.