The School has excellent student support teams. These teams are located close to where you will study, ensuring personalised and direct contact. They can help you with:
- Scholarships & Bursaries
- Registration & Module Enrolment
- Coursework/Project submission
- Staff contact details
- Mitigating circumstances
- Results and Progression requirements
- Peer Mentoring
- Absence & Attendance Monitoring
- Engineering Study Zone bookings
- Maps and directions
Our personal tutorial system will help you to integrate quickly and settle down easily into university life. You will also be assigned to a tutorial group and you’ll have one-to-one time with your personal tutor.
The School has an enviable range of multimillion pound facilities including a variety of
superbly equipped laboratories for example:
• Cutting-edge visualisation laboratories, including a powerwall (53-megapixel display wall) and a 3D virtual reality suite. These specialist research facilities are especially important to undergraduates undertaking internships and final year projects.
• Laboratories containing both Linux and Microsoft platforms.
• New Cloud Computing testbed
• You’ll enjoy excellent teaching facilities and well-equipped lecture theatres
• Connectivity provided by the School’s wired and wireless networks. A Virtual
Private Network (VPN) facilitates the secure connection of a wide range
of devices (laptops, home machines, Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs), etc).
• The School Information System allows you to access grades, attendance data,
personal development plans, and a wide range of other important data,
from anywhere via a password protected Intranet system. The University has a new up-to-date Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) that supports teaching.
Engineering Study Zone
The engineering study zone has been developed specifically for all our Engineering and Computing students to use during their studies. This dedicated space is split into areas so that you can get the most out of your study time. These include the quiet area that has been designed for individual study, the group study area, presentation rooms which you can hire for groups to discuss project work and practice presentations. These rooms are equipped with projection and computer facilities as well as flipcharts and whiteboards. There is also a designated social area for informal study.