They combine intellectual challenge with practical relevance, and offer a route to a range of interesting and rewarding careers.
Here are just a few of the benefits of studying for an undergraduate degree in the School of Computing:
- With an international reputation for our teaching and research the School of Computing is one of the leading computing departments in the UK according to the latest Research Assessment Exercise (RAE).
- The School's internship scheme offers the opportunity to spend a summer vacation working in one of our laboratories on a research project.
- Our dedicated Employability team will provide you with support and advice to help you find relevant work experience, internships and year in industry placements, as well as graduate positions.
- Specialist facilities, including a variety of superbly equipped laboratories and access to a 53-megapixel powerwall.
- Our strong links with industry ensures that our courses meet employer needs and this is one of many reasons why our graduates are highly sought after by employers.
- Our research feeds directly into our teaching, which means you'll learn about the latest developments within your subject from world-class academics.
- Our continuous investment in staff and facilities has been recognised in the National Student Survey (NSS) results, and our supportive environment
provides students with an outstanding learning experience.
- We offer scholarships worth up to £8,000 for new students.
- You will be learn how to identify, analyse and respond effectively to ethical issues arising in your professional lives, and benefit from a national centre of excellence with expertise in computing ethics and professionalism.