They combine intellectual challenge with practical relevance, and offer a route to a range of interesting and rewarding careers.
Here are just a few of the benefits of studying for an undergraduate degree in the School of Computing:
- With an international reputation for our teaching and research the School of Computing is one of the leading computing departments in the UK.
- The School scored 87% for overall student satisfaction in the latest National Student Survey (NSS).
- 90% of our recent graduates have successfully secured a professional or managerial role within six months of graduating (latest Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey).
- The School's internship scheme offers the opportunity to spend a summer vacation working in one of our laboratories on a research project.
- Our dedicated Employability team will provide you with support and advice to help you find relevant work experience, internships and year in industry placements, as well as graduate positions.
- Specialist facilities, including a variety of superbly equipped laboratories and access to a 53-megapixel powerwall.
- Our strong links with industry ensures that our courses meet employer needs and this is one of many reasons why our graduates are highly sought after by employers.
- Our research feeds directly into our teaching, which means you'll learn about the latest developments within your subject from world-class academics.
- Our continuous investment in staff and facilities has been recognised in the National Student Survey (NSS) results, and our supportive environment
provides students with an outstanding learning experience.
- We offer scholarships worth up to £8,000 for new students.
- CompSoc society for students with an interest in computing.
- You will be learn how to identify, analyse and respond effectively to ethical issues arising in your professional lives, and benefit from a national centre of excellence with expertise in computing ethics and professionalism.