They combine intellectual challenge with practical relevance, and offer a route to a range of interesting and rewarding careers.
Here are just a few of the benefits of studying for an undergraduate degree in the School of Computing:
- With an international reputation for our teaching and research the School of Computing is one of the leading computing department in the UK according to the latest Research Assessment Exercise (RAE)
- We are ranked 12th in the UK for Computer Science by the Sunday Times league table.
- The School's internship scheme offers the opportunity to spend a summer vacation working in one of our laboratories on a research project.
- Specialist facilities, including a variety of superbly equipped laboratories and access to a 53-megapixel powerwall.
- Our new Employability Zone, located centrally within the Faculty, houses our dedicated Employability Team, who will provide you with specialist face-to-face support and advice.
- Our strong links with industry ensures that our courses meet employer needs and this is one of many reasons why our graduates are highly sought after by employers.
- Our research feeds directly into our teaching, which means you'll learn about the latest developments within your subject from world-class academics.
- Our continuous investment in staff and facilities has been recognised in the National Student Survey (NSS) results, and our supportive environment
provides students with an outstanding learning experience.
We offer a range of scholarships and bursaries worth up to £8,000 for new students.