Our School provides a pleasant and friendly environment for study, with central University facilities nearby.
You will have access to specialist facilities and laboratories that are equipped with the latest technology including:
- State-of-the-art visualization laboratories including a powerwall (53-megapixel display wall with 7x4 monitors).
- Benchtop display (3x4 monitors) with tracking system
- WorldViz PPT optical tracking system
- A Metralabs Scitos A5 - known as 'LUCIE'
- A Baxter robot
- Intersense InertiaCube orientation tracker
- Virtual Research V8 stereo head-mounted display, integrated with WorldViz PPT and Intersense InertiaCube tracking systems
- Ascension Flock of Birds tracking systems
- 3 DOF and 6 DOF Phantom force feedback devices, integrated with ReachIn display system
- Twin Immersion Corp Cybergloves
- SR Research EyeLink II Tracker (binocular, video-based, 500MHz)
- Rendering cluster
- The visualization group also has a software library for collaborative visualization, gVis, which is available for download.
- Laboratories containing both Linux and Microsoft platforms
- Cloud Computing testbed
- The School's Information System allows students to access grades, attendance data, personal development plans, and a wide range of other important data from anywhere via a password protected Intranet system.
- The Natural Language Processing group has a number of openly available corpora. The Corpus of Contemporay Arabic, open-source dataset, has been downloaded by thousands and corpus.leeds.ac.uk has a collection of web-sourced corpora for all major languages, used for translation studies research.