Here are a just a few of the benefits of studying Civil Engineering at Leeds.
- All of our courses are accredited, which will help you to become a Chartered Engineer after graduating.
- You can choose from a range of flexible modules to reflect your interests or careers plans.
- We are ranked 6th in The Guardian league table and 8th in The Sunday Times league table for Civil Engineering in the UK.
- Our research feeds directly into our teaching, which means you'll learn about the latest developments within your subject from world-class academics.
- You will benefit from our integrated style of learning and teaching. Laboratory classes, project work and industry-sponsored fieldwork allow you to gain hands-on experience investigating and applying material from your lectures to real life situations.
- All of our courses are integrated masters (MEng, BEng) degrees providing you with great breadth and depth of study.
- Our strong links with industry ensures that our courses meet employer needs and this is one of many reasons why our graduates are highly sought after by employers.
- You will have access to excellent facilities including laboratories, drawing office, design studio and teaching space, supplemented by extensive computing equipment. Specialist facilities, including laboratory space for structures, materials, public health engineering, building services and geotechnics, give you a creative and stimulating learning environment.
- Our new Employability Zone, located centrally within the Faculty, houses our dedicated Employability Team, who will provide you with specialist face-to-face support and advice.
We offer a range of scholarships and bursaries worth up to £8,000 for new students.