Here are a just a few of the benefits of studying Civil Engineering at Leeds:
- Our degree courses are accredited, which will help you to become a chartered engineer after graduation.
- Civil Engineering at Leeds scored 90% for overall student satisfaction in the latest National Student Survey (NSS).
- All courses share a common first year of six compulsory modules, which means you can easily switch between courses up until the start of year two.
- 90% of our recent graduates have successfully secured a professional or managerial role within six months of graduating (latest Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey).
- Our research feeds directly into our teaching, which means you'll learn about the latest developments within your subject from world-class academics.
- You will benefit from our integrated style of learning and teaching. Laboratory classes, project work and fieldwork allow you to gain hands-on experience investigating and applying material from your lectures to real life situations.
- You can choose from a wide range of modules, especially in years three and four, to reflect your interests or career aspirations.
- Our dedicated Employability team will provide you with support and advice to help you find relevant work experience, internships and year in industry placements, as well as graduate positions.
- Our strong links with industry ensures that our courses meet employer needs and this is one of many reasons why our graduates are highly sought after by employers.
- Our personal tutorial system will provide additional academic and pastoral support. You will have a designated personal tutor throughout your studies at Leeds.
- You have the opportunity to study either for a Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) or a Masters in Engineering (MEng).
Students on all four Civil Engineering courses (except BEng variants) may choose to undertake the international option of the course. This involves spending the third year of your MEng at a University Abroad.
- We offer scholarships worth up to £8,000 for new students.
- You will have access to excellent facilities including laboratories, drawing office, design studio and teaching space, supplemented by extensive computing equipment. Specialist facilities, including laboratory space for structures, materials, public health engineering, building services and geotechnics, give you a creative and stimulating learning environment.
- You will be learn how to identify, analyse and respond effectively to ethical issues arising in your professional lives, and benefit from a national centre of excellence with expertise in engineering ethics and professionalism.
- CivSoc society for students with an interest in Civil Engineering.