Here are a just a few of the benefits of studying in the School of Chemical and Process Engineering:
- We are ranked 6th in the UK for Chemical Engineering by The Guardian 2016.
- The School scored 94% for overall student satisfaction in the latest National Student Survey (NSS).
- 90% of our recent chemical engineering graduates have successfully secured a professional or managerial role within six months of graduating (latest Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey).
You will benefit from our integrated style of learning and teaching, with practical work being a core part
of your study.
- You can choose from a range of flexible modules to reflect your interests or careers plans.
- Our research feeds directly into our teaching, which means you'll learn about the latest developments within your subject from world-class academics.
- Our strong links with industry ensure that our courses are in line with employers needs and is one of many reasons why our graduates are highly sought after by employers.
- You will have access to excellent facilities including laboratories equipped with the latest technology for environmental monitoring and pollution control, and advanced energy systems such as fuel cells. Specialist facilities include X-ray diffractometers, scanning electron microscopes, a pilot scale chemical process and combustion plant, petroleum reservoir and rock deformation lab, all provide you with a creative and stimulating learning environment.
- You have the opportunity to study either for a Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) or a Masters in Engineering (MEng). Our Aviation and Nanotechnology programmes are Bachelors of Science.
- We offer scholarships worth up to £8,000 for new students.
- Our dedicated employability team will provide you with support and advice to help you find relevant work experience, internships and year in industry placements, as well as graduate positions.
- You will be learn how to identify, analyse and respond effectively to ethical issues arising in your professional lives, and benefit from a national centre of excellence with expertise in engineering ethics and professionalism.