The School of Chemical and Process Engineering offers a warm and friendly environment for study, with central University facilities just a few minutes walk away.
Specialist facilities and laboratories are equipped with the latest technology including:
- Advanced Electron Optics for nano-scale materials characterization
- Preparative facilities for making and characterizing particulate systems for a wide range of technological materials
- Facilities for advance fuel characterization
- Pilot scale combustion systems
- Facilities for advanced environmental monitoring and pollution control
- Advanced energy systems including fusion cells and a combustion CAP suite
- The energy building, which contains a suite of advanced laboratories including a laser diagnostics laboratory, an engine testing fuel evaluation and transport emissions suite, and pilot scale wave power, fuel cell, gas turbine power station, wind, and solar laboratories and rigs.
- Excellent computational facilities with a 64 node Beowulf Parallel computing cluster and high performance graphic workstations for molecular modelling studies.
- To support our aviation students we have the following facilities:
•Merlin Engineering/FNPT-1 motion flight simulator
•Frasca FNPT-2 flight simulator
•Airbus A320 flight simulator
•Cessna flight simulator
•Engine laboratory with micro-turbojet and micro-turboprop engines