Mr Zhihua Xie
Institue for Atmosphere Science
School of Earth and Environment
University of Leeds
Leeds, Unite Kingdom
Mobile: + 44 (0)7703722338
Office : + 44 (0)113-3437966
Fax : + 44 (0)113-3436716
Ph.D Computational Fluid Dynamics, University of Leeds, UK. November 2006-
Postgraduate Environmental Science, Dalian Maritime University, P.R. China. September 2003 - October 2006
B.Eng Environmental Engineering, Dalian Maritime University, P.R. China. September 1999 - June 2003
I am a Marie Curie EST Research Fellow of the Centre for Computational Fluid Dynamcis in the University of Leeds and I started my PhD study from 1st November 2006. I am currently working with Dr.Xianyun Wen and Dr.Andrew Ross.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Marine Hydrodynamics and water wave
- Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equation
- Fluid Mechanics, Coastal Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering and Environmental Fluid Mechanics
- Applied and Computational Mathematics & Mechanics
- Programming and numerical computation, Parellel Computing
- Marie Curie Fellowship, University of Leeds, 2006-2009.
- Kwang-Hua Scholarship, Kwang-Hua Education Foundation, 2006.
- Fist Prize in the 1st Postgraduate Mathematical Modeling Contest in China,September 2004.
- Outstanding Scholarship, Dalian Maritime University, 2000-2002.
- First Prize in the undergraduate competition of advanced mathematics, 2000.
Attended Conference, Workshop & Summer school
- Summer school on Mathematical Methods for Coastal Engineering, 19-28 June 2007, University of Plymouth, UK.
- Industrial Inverse Problems Workshop, 19-20 March, 2007, University of Leeds, UK.
- The 7th Pacific/Asia Offshore Mechanics Symposium (ISOPE PACOMS-2006), 17-21 Sep 2006, Dalian, P.R. China.
- The 3rd Asia-Pacific Workshop on Marine Hydrodynamics (APHydro-2006), 27-28 June, 2006, Shanghai, P.R. China.