Centre for Computational Fluid Dynamics



The CFD web site is no longer maintained. Information may be out of date and links may be broken.

MSc Entry requirements, application, and funding

Candidates should have a good honours degree or equivalent in subjects allied to those of the constituent Departments/Schools of the Centre and no previous knowledge of CFD is required. The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council support the course and a number of other scholarships are also available. There is also provision for applicants wishing to embark on the course part-time.

General enquiries about the Master of Science (MSc) and Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Computational Fluid Dynamics may be made to:

Miss Lindsay Morris
Email: L.Morris@leeds.ac.uk
Direct line: +44 (0)113 343 2343

or in writing to the following address:

Miss Lindsay Morris
School of Process & Environmental Engineering
University of Leeds
Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK


Applications (online or offline) should be made by following the instructions on the postgraduate web application service.

Applications should be made as early as possible; preferably by the end of May for entry in late September of the same year.

All applications are given careful consideration on academic grounds and, in most cases, applicants will receive a decision within two months. An application can be processed more quickly if it is clearly written or typed, if all the relevant sections are accurately and fully completed, and if it is accompanied by all the necessary supporting documents, including, where available, full transcripts of academic performance in first degrees and, for students whose first language is not English, evidence of any study in English.


Funding may be available for both UK & EU and also non-EU students. Also a variety of other scholarships may be available, up-to-date information may be found here.

PhD Enquiries

Candidates may wish to discuss the possibilities by contacting Prof Pourkashanian directly, but all formal PhD applications ultimately need to be made by contacting our Engineering Graduate office.